I have been a busy Mommy, Stepmommy and wife!
Somehow during the craziness James and I convinced ourselves we needed more chaos and talked about another child...well in December 09 on Christmas Eve we found out we were expecting! It was a very eventful pregnancy...lots of trips to the ER, frequent doctor appointments and finally ending up on bedrest in the hospital for 38 days in June and July. On July 10, 2010 Evelyn Grace made her way into our crazy world at 3 lbs. 15 oz. and 16 3/4 inches long! Evelyn then spent 3 weeks in the NICU and well that was just about all I could take, the absolute hardest thing for a parent to face. James and I split our time to visit her in the NICU twice a day. There we would hold her, feed her, change her and love on her as she fought to get stronger and bigger!
We brought her home on August 1.
She is absolutely perfect in very way.
Evie and I would have never made it through this mess without the prayers, dear friends who came to visit, and our family who came to the rescue! My Mom and Stepdad rushed up here from Austin to take care of the little guy! Grandma Doll came to help, my brother took Ethan for a few days and Cristina was my go to person(as always)! My 2nd grade teammates kept me entertained and laughing with sleepovers, phonecalls, delicious food, and mani's and pedi's!
We are adjusting to our new "party of five" and Evie just fits right in! She must know her Momma is OCD and functions better on routine and structure! She is like clockwork! Her big brother and sissy adore her, in fact Ethan claims her as "his baby". He showers her with hugs and kisses and checks up on her probably more than I do. If she cries he rushes to her, then runs to find me! I even catch him carrying the monitor around as he plays. So cute.
I am on materinity leave until November so I have a little time on my hands to blog...so stay tuned!
With love,
Dawn

No comments:
Post a Comment